The PEM Research, Development & Innovation capabilities provide industry with a unique RD&I support offering in precision engineering, manufacturing, and materials, which is underpinned by our experience and the expertise of our Principal Investigators, all who have individually achieved notable research achievements through engagement with industry.
The PEM Research Centre is focused on addressing specific manufacturing industry research needs in:
- Product development and Design for Manufacturing (DFM)
- Manufacturing Process Simulation and Optimisation
- Process control and statistical analysis.
- Sustainable Manufacturing.
- Additive Manufacturing.
- Enhancement, Optimisation & Control of Polymer Processes.
- Precision Engineering and Micro-Machining.
- Laser-based prototyping and Manufacturing technologies.
- Nanomaterials and Nanotechnologies.