MET to host Breakfast Briefing at Medical Technology Ireland conference
The Atlantic Technological University and the MET Technology Gateway will host a free Breakfast Briefing at the Medical Technology Ireland conference, focused on the applied biomedical research capabilities at ATU.
Attendees will gain insights on MET’s capabilities and how our technology offerings can support Research, Development and Innovation activities in the MedTech industry, including:
- Welcome address and overview of ATU, by Dr Orla Flynn, President, Atlantic Technological University
- ATU Research and Innovation – a MedTech focus, by Dr Rick Officer, VP of Research and Innovation, ATU Galway
- An overview of our Medical Imaging Suite, and its role in supporting pre-clinical testing, by Dr Florian Stefanov, Senior Medical Imaging Specialist, MET Technology Gateway
- An outline of our Anatomical Modelling and Physiological Replication capabilities, and how they can help you understand the performance of your device, by Dr Joaquin Penide, Principal Investigator, MET Technology Gateway.
- Reflections on the advantages for industry in engaging in collaborative research with MET, with Dr. Ronan McLoughlin, Associate Director R&D, Science and Emerging Technologies, Aerogen.
The Enterprise Ireland Medical and Engineering Technologies (MET) Gateway is an applied research centre, dedicated to supporting Research, Development and Innovation activities in the MedTech, LifeSciences and Engineering Sectors. Located at the ATU Galway campus, the MET Technology Gateway provides open access for industry to the academic expertise within ATU, generating solutions for the close-to-market needs to companies. Learn more about what MET do and how they can help you at www.metcentre.ie.
Breakfast will be provided – come and enjoy a coffee and learn more about how MET and ATU can help accelerate the device development cycle.
Please register your attendance here.