Energy saving Radiant Heating Panels
PureHeat Technologies Ltd, with locations in Co. Louth and Co. Cavan, design, manufacture, supply and install an award-winning range of products for both domestic and commercial applications with its flagship range being energy saving Radiant Heating Panels.
Pureheat Technologies Ltd key objective was to source independent testing and evaluation of the performance of its first product to market, an insulated infrared panel. To promote this product concept in the marketplace it was crucial for the SME to gain expert insights and marketable performance metrics.
Independent testing and evaluation
The research conducted at CREDIT Technology Gateway supported the commercialisation plan of the company and included:
- A determination of the insulated panel performance characteristics, based on extensive product modelling and testing, typical examples including:
o Surface temperature response
o Radiant heat distribution
o Power Consumption
o Conversion efficiency
- Quantification, based in a specific test case, the thermal performance of an insulated infrared panel.
- Conduct a cost of energy analysis based on simulated and measured data.
- Detailed 2D Drawings
- Use of a thermal imaging camera to show the thermal performance of the insulated infrared panel.
Years in business
The PureHeat Technologies Ltd & CREDIT Technology Gateway partnership
The engineering report and the validation of the product characteristics and performance greatly enhanced the company’s ability to market the product B2B and B2C and supported the company’s commercialisation strategy. PureHeat Technologies subsequently became an incubation client of the Regional Development Centre on the DkIT campus availing of continued support and engagement with the institute and subsequently went on to win the Innovation in Product Design category of the National iFactory Awards.
“Engagement with the CREDIT Technology Gateway energy research team through the Innovation Voucher scheme had significant impact on PureHeat Technologies in terms of delivering a robust analysis and report that gave validation of the performance of our flagship product. From a commercial perspective the Voucher project also supported our marketing endeavors helping us get from concept to those first crucial sales. I would highly recommend the Innovation Voucher scheme and the team at DkIT to other businesses, particularly those like PureHeat Technologies who may not have had the expertise in-house”
Jimmy Gargan, Founder and Director, PureHeat Technologies
The Technology Gateway Network delivers innovation expertise to industry across Ireland. It is run by Enterprise Ireland in partnership with the Institutes of Technology.
- IMaR Gateway delivering solutions to industry through state-of-the-art research equipment16th March 2023 - 10:14 am
- MTU to host Technology Gateways Seminar for Innovation & Enterprise Month7th March 2023 - 11:48 am
- CAPPA Researchers Receive Over €1 Million in SFI IRC Pathway Funding28th September 2022 - 1:10 pm